7 ideas for Valentines Day in Cambridge
Are you celebrating Valentines Day in Cambridge this year? When it comes to romance the city has plenty to offer. Here’s our pick of the best romantic events for 2023.
Punting down the River Cam
A romantic Valentine’s Day trip punting along the Cam is the perfect way to enjoy Cambridge with your partner. Sit back and take in all the sights of this beautiful city. To book a punt visit Scudamore’s or The Cambridge Punt Company.
Cambridge Gin Lab
Cocktail Making is a great way to treat a date and the Cambridge Gin Lab offers a variety of classes that will allow you to appreciate a variety of gins. Their gins are inspired by nature using a variety of local botanicals. To book a space visit Cambridge Gin Lab
Walk along the Backs
Take a stroll along the beautiful backs and enter another world. Walking along this part of town you will pass several Colleges along the Cam. Many Colleges are closed to the public but you can still take in the picturesque views.
If you fancy a longer walk Grantchester Meadows is a stunning meadow walk, which takes you to the famous village of Grantchester. This picture-perfect village is home to a selection of pubs as well as the Orchard Tea Rooms. A great place to feast on scones and afternoon tea!
A bicycle made for two!
Hiring a tandem is a unique way to celebrate Valentines Day in Cambridge, but it’s really good fun and there are plenty of places where you could stop on the way. You can hire a tandem for a variety of places in Cambridge, including Circe Cycles or Cambridge Station Cycles
Walk around Botanic Gardens
The Cambridge University Botanical Gardens are lovely in every season so if you are looking for a beautiful spot for a stroll this place is not to be missed. There’s a cafe on site so you can treat yourself to a chocolate or coffee along the way.
What better way to treat your partner than with a selection of chocolates?
Valentines Day in Cambridge wouldn’t be the same without a tasty box of chocolates and there is a range of chocolatiers around the city including Chocolat Chocolat an award-winning shop that sells handmade chocolate and brownies, or Hill St Chocolatier which uses the finest natural and local ingredients to create classic chocolates.
Cocktails and Dinner – Valentines Day in Cambridge
One of the best ways to spend Valentines Day in Cambridge is to enjoy cocktails and dinner in one of many eateries in the city. As you can imagine there are many restaurants that have a set Valentine’s Day menu. Here are a few suggestions that ooze hearts, love, and romance.
- Six – Dine in this wonderful terrace that features spectacular rooftop views.
- Browns – This famous Cambridge restaurant is centrally located and is housed in the historic old 19th Century Addenbrooke’s hospital.
- The Ivy – The Ivy offers sophisticated dining in a glamorous art-deco restaurant. Perfect for a special occasion.
- Restaurant 22 – This little gem of a restaurant is perfect for an intimate dinner. Serving modern British food with seasonal produce this place gets booked up early so don’t delay.
- De Luca – Serving a range of Italian food, this restaurant has received several awards for its food and drink. There is also a piano bar that hosts regular events at the weekend.
- The Three Horseshoes Madingley If you prefer a picturesque cosy pub this place is for you. It’s located in the quaint village of Madingley and serves a range of high-quality pub meals. It’s also a short walk away from Madingley Hall and its gardens if you want to take a romantic stroll.
Whatever you decide to do and whoever you decide to treat we hope you have a fantastic day full of love! Together is a wonderful place to be!
Our Cambridge accommodation rooms are affordable and clean and many have an en-suite bathroom. As a guest of the College, you are welcome to explore the beautiful grounds which are steeped in history.
Our dedicated team of staff recently won a Gold Bid Award for Best Overall Customer Experience 2022, so you can be sure of a warm welcome.
To find out more about the Bed and Breakfast accommodation we offer visit https://www.christscollegehospitality.co.uk/
Book directly with us and you will receive 10 percent off our publicised rates and a welcome pack on arrival. Just set up a member login on our website before you book.